HIRING PROCESS STEPS
The enterprises at the Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community provide excellent guest service 24 hours per day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. Most jobs at Mystic Lake and Little Six Casinos require weekend availability with a regular schedule including weekends and time off during the week. Gaming Enterprise team members must be licensed by our Gaming Commission which requires a comprehensive background check and pre-employment drug test. Employees of Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community must pass a comprehensive background check and drug test. Qualified candidates must provide proper documentation throughout the employment process. Candidates receiving a conditional offer must successfully complete all pre-employment requirements before an employment offer is confirmed.
Step 1 – Review job opportunities + More – Less
Step 2 – Select a position + More – Less
- Click on APPLY.
- Create a profile with email address and password or log in to existing profile.
- Complete each page of the application and click the arrow at the bottom of each page until you see the message that your application is complete.
Step 3 – Interview + More – Less
- A recruiter will contact candidates via phone, email or text to discuss positions and potentially set up an interview.
- Some positions require assessments (math, computer skills, etc.).
- Some positions may require multiple interviews (in HR and/or in a business area).
- Additional questions on the application will be visible to you after speaking with a recruiter and scheduling an interview.
Step 4 – Offer and Acceptance + More – Less
- A recruiter will contact you if the position is offered to you. If not selected, you will be contacted via email or phone.
- You will receive an email with an offer letter and additional application pages to complete online.
- An Employment team member will assist you with completing new team member forms if you need assistance.
- You will complete a pre-employment drug test.
- You will complete additional online onboarding forms.
Step 5 – Gaming License application + More – Less
- All positions at the Gaming Enterprise require a Gaming License. This is a comprehensive background check including fingerprints.
- Our Gaming Commission has an online Gaming License application process. You will receive an email from the SMSC Gaming Commission with an invitation to complete an online Gaming License application.
- You must compete the online application form completely and submit it electronically.
- Once you complete and submit your Gaming License application, a representative will contact you to schedule an appointment for your fingerprints and to review your online Gaming License application.
- Once this appointment and review of all information is complete, the Gaming Commission will notify Employment regarding your eligibility and an Employment representative will contact you.
Step 6 – New Hire orientation + More – Less
- An Employment team representative will contact you to schedule new team member orientation. You must talk to Employment to confirm the date and time.
- Orientation is a scheduled for approximately 4 hours and is paid time. Orientation will be your first day of employment and you will begin working in your new position after orientation.
- Team members that will work in positions that handle alcohol must also attend a 4 hour TIPS (Training for Intervention Procedures) scheduled after new team member orientation.
Team members that refer new team members that are hired at the Gaming Enterprise or SMSC are eligible for a $200 award after the new team member completes 45 days of employment and another $200 after the new team members completes 90 days of employment.
New team members are eligible for a hiring bonus up to $1,000!