HIRING PROCESS STEPS
The enterprises at the Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community provide excellent guest service 24 hours per day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. Most jobs at Mystic Lake and Little Six Casinos require weekend availability with a regular schedule including weekends and time off during the week. Gaming Enterprise team members must be licensed by our Gaming Commission which requires a comprehensive background check and pre-employment drug test. Employees of Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community must pass a comprehensive background check and drug test. Qualified candidates must provide proper documentation throughout the employment process. Candidates receiving a conditional offer must successfully complete all pre-employment requirements before an employment offer is confirmed.
Step 1 – Review job opportunities + More – Less
Step 2 – Select a position + More – Less
- Click on APPLY.
- Create a profile with email address and password or log in to existing profile.
- Complete each page of the application and click the arrow at the bottom of each page until you see the message that your application is complete.
Step 3 – Interview + More – Less
- A recruiter will contact candidates via phone, email or text to discuss positions and potentially set up an interview.
- Some positions require assessments (math, computer skills, etc.).
- Some positions may require multiple interviews (in HR and/or in a business area).
- Additional questions on the application will be visible to you after speaking with a recruiter and scheduling an interview.
Step 4 – Offer and Acceptance + More – Less
- A recruiter will contact you if the position is offered to you. Rehires are not eligible to receive a sign-on bonus for applicable positions. If not selected, you will be contacted via email or phone.
- You will receive an email with an offer letter and additional application pages to complete online.
- An Employment team member will assist you with completing new team member forms if you need assistance.
- You will complete a pre-employment drug test.
- You will complete additional online onboarding forms.
Step 5 – Gaming License application + More – Less
- All positions at the Gaming Enterprise require a Gaming License. This is a comprehensive background check including fingerprints.
- Our Gaming Commission has an online Gaming License application process. You will receive an email from the SMSC Gaming Commission with an invitation to complete an online Gaming License application.
- You must compete the online application form completely and submit it electronically.
- Once you complete and submit your Gaming License application, a representative will contact you to schedule an appointment for your fingerprints and to review your online Gaming License application.
- Once this appointment and review of all information is complete, the Gaming Commission will notify Employment regarding your eligibility and an Employment representative will contact you.
Step 6 – New Hire orientation + More – Less
- An Employment team representative will contact you to schedule new team member orientation. You must talk to Employment to confirm the date and time.
- Orientation is a scheduled for approximately 4 hours and is paid time. Orientation will be your first day of employment and you will begin working in your new position after orientation.
- Team members that will work in positions that handle alcohol must also attend a 4 hour TIPS (Training for Intervention Procedures) scheduled after new team member orientation.